Remarkable Words That Start With Ru – A Comprehensive List
Words have the power to evoke emotions, convey ideas, and express feelings. It is no wonder that people are always on the lookout for new and interesting words to add to their vocabulary. In this article, we explore words that start with Ru – an uncommon but fascinating group of words that can help expand your vocabulary and improve your writing and speaking skills.
Ru- Words – An Introduction:
Words that start with Ru are a rare and unusual group of words. Despite their rarity, these words can add color and richness to your language. From technical terms to poetic expressions, Ru- words have a wide range of uses.
Words that Start with Ru – A Comprehensive List:
Here is a comprehensive list of words that start with Ru:
- Ruminate upon
- Run for cover
Ru- Words and Their Meanings:
- Rubble – Broken fragments of rock or other material.
- Rudder – A flat piece that is used to steer a ship.
- Ruminant – An animal that chews cud, such as a cow or sheep.
- Rupture – A break or tear in a body part or object.
- Rubric – A set of rules or instructions.
- Ruse – A trick or deception.
- Rustic – Relating to the countryside or rural areas.
- Ruin – The remains of a destroyed building or structure.
- Ruffian – A violent and lawless person.
- Ruminative – Inclined to think deeply and ponder over something.
- Ruff – A collar or trimming on a garment.
- Runic – Relating to ancient Germanic writing.
- Rug – A piece of thick fabric for covering a floor.
- Rupee – The basic monetary unit of India.
- Runt – An animal or person that is smaller or weaker than others.
- Rumple – To wrinkle or crumple.
- Rufescent – Reddish or turning red.
- Rugged – Having a rough or uneven surface.
- Ruminate – To think deeply about something.
- Rudiment – A basic principle or element of a subject.
Commonly Used Ru- Words and Phrases:
- Rude awakening – A sudden and unpleasant realization of the truth.
- Rule of thumb – A general principle used as a guide.
- Rumor has it – An unconfirmed piece of news or gossip.
- Rub salt in the wound – To make someone’s pain or suffering worse.
- Run-of-the-mill – Ordinary or average.
Using Ru- Words in Sentences:
- The earthquake left nothing but rubble in its wake.
- The captain used the rudder to steer the ship through the storm.
- Cows are ruminants that have a four-chambered stomach.
- The rupture in the pipeline caused an oil spill.
- The teacher gave us a rubric to follow for our essays.
- He used a ruse to distract his opponent and win the game.
- The rustic charm of the countryside appealed to her.
- The ruins of the ancient temple were a sight to behold.
- The ruffian was arrested for assaulting a pedestrian.
- She was in a ruminative mood after her breakup.
- Her dress had a beautiful ruff around the neckline.
- The runic inscriptions on the stone tablet were deciphered by the archeologist.
- The plush rug added warmth and coziness to the living room.
- The price of a rupee has decreased in recent years.
- The runt of the litter was the smallest puppy in the litter.
- She rumpled her skirt as she sat down.
- The autumn leaves had a rufescent hue.
- The rugged terrain made it difficult to hike.
- He needed time to ruminate on the decision before making a choice.
- The rudiments of coding are easy to learn with practice.
FAQs About Ru- Words:
Q: How many words that start with Ru are there?
A: There are around 300 words that start with Ru in the English language.
Q: Are Ru- words commonly used in everyday language?
A: No, most Ru- words are uncommon and not used in everyday language.
Q: Can Ru- words be used in poetry?
A: Yes, Ru- words can be used in poetry to add color and depth to the writing.
Q: Are there any technical terms that start with Ru?
A: Yes, some technical terms that start with Ru include rubidium, ruthenium, and rutherfordium.
Q: Can Ru- words help improve vocabulary skills?
A: Yes, learning new words that start with Ru can help expand vocabulary skills and improve writing and speaking abilities.
Words that start with Ru may be uncommon, but they can add depth and color to your language. From technical terms to poetic expressions, Ru- words have a wide range of uses. By adding these words to your vocabulary, you can improve your writing and speaking skills and impress your audience with your linguistic prowess.